Thursday, September 9, 2010

Environmental Design 1: Assignment One

The journey to my place for a leaf began very differently than it ended. My initial thoughts were, what better place for a leaf than a tree? The thought of using only paper and no binding agents was very difficult to wrap my mind around since I had never really built anything serious previous to this assignment. My biology roots did not prepare me for the hours of cutting, tearing, and folding that would ensue. But after all of the work, I must say I am very pleased with the final product.
Photos of the final product:
 The tree, mentioned earlier, although a lovely idea did not turn out as I had originally anticipated. I wanted the final product to be more simplistic, more about the leaf than the paper itself. I wanted to have the leaf suspended, creating an illusion that it were floating inside the box. The bar across the bottom was for stabilization purposes. More of a necessity than aesthetically pleasing.

Original Idea
Original Idea

No comments:

Post a Comment