Sunday, October 3, 2010

Foundations Unit: Compass Project

 

This project is meant to take a viewer visually through the finer points of the foundations unit of our class. For my scale, I chose building and for my form, paragraph. To illustrate the compass through the unit, I chose one of the most recognized ancient buildings in the world, the Roman Colosseum. I chose to depict a time line of the construction, rise and fall of the Colosseum, which mirrors that of the Roman Empire, one of the main civilizations we discussed in class. Each of the paragraphs represents a different aspect that coincides with the time line, reading clockwise: materials, nature, people, and finally, symbol. I think this project is a significant leap from my unit one project, leaving me optimistic that it can only go up from here!

No comments:

Post a Comment