Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Scritch, Scratch, Sketch.

For Design Visualization, we were assigned two classmates from which we were to chose two of their best sketches and post them on our blog. These two sketches would be accompanied by three sketches from our own sketchbook that we consider "good."

I like to draw in cartoon. Realism is something I rarely ever do. People are really hard for me, unless they are in caricature. Anyways, here are three sketches from the depths of my very own book:
 




The first sketch is by my classmate, Hannah Kasmala. It is a self portrait, which I love. I feel like she wasn't so much concerned with picture perfect realism but rather with capturing her humorous and quirky side. And let's face it, we could all stand to have a little fun around here.


This next sketch is by my very talented classmate, Heather Williams. It is of a leaf from Brazil. I think that the detail used in this photo is very meticulous. But this attention to the details gives this sketch what it needs to cross the line from good to great. I could learn a thing or two about shadowing from Heather, that's for sure.



No comments:

Post a Comment