Thursday, September 1, 2011

GREENSBORO HISTORIC MUSEUM SITE STUDY.

Initial Entrance Diagram:


Initial Thoughts:
I was at first very confused about how to actually enter the building. Tuan and myself parked off of a side street, in front of the Children's Museum and there was no real defined way to go about locating the historic museum. Instead, we wandered around a side garden until we came upon a sign that eventually led to the entrance. It was all very confusing, and I don't know whether to attribute that to the fact that it is actually hard to find or the fact that it was 8:45 in the morning.

Narrative:
As soon as I got out of the car, I was confused. Here I was standing in the middle of Davis Street, glancing back and forth from the Children's Museum to some very old looking houses. Tuan voiced what we both were thinking..."Where are we supposed to go?" We chose to move our first chess piece by crossing the street and meandered along a path into a garden. "This isn't it, is it?" Now, I'm confused. It's hot and there are no real indications as to where I'm supposed to be. We follow the path for a bit, then turn around, considering it a lost cause. We try the sidewalk as option B. We finally found our way to the front of the building and were the first ones there, I might add. I thought the confusion would end once we got inside but I was very, very wrong....

Photographs:












Final Diagram: 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment